Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wacky Wednesday


Since I missed Tuesday's post I will make a noble effort to post tonight before midnight.


Today's Quote

"There is nothing wrong with men possessing riches. The wrong comes when riches possess men." ~ Billy Graham


Humor

Louisiana

A senior at Louisiana U was overheard saying, "When the end of the world comes, I hope to be in Louisiana." When asked why he replied, "I'd rather be in Louisiana because everything happens in Louisiana 20 years later than in the rest of the civilized world."

Mississippi

A young man in Mississippi came running into the store and said to his buddy, "Bubba, somebody just stole your pickup truck from the parking lot!"
Bubba replied, "Did you see who it was?"
The young man answered, "I didn't have time to look, but I got the license number."


A Question for You


Pardon me if I diverge from the normal line of Bible questions to ask something for which I have no answer, nor have I heard anyone address.

Why does the Genesis account not record the creation of sound?
Was it created at all? Does it exist as a created thing, or is God's
creation limited to the things we can see and touch?

If sound was created, when was it created? Was it before God called light into existence? If not, what is the meaning of "And God said..."? If before, what was the medium in which it traveled, since sound cannot exist in a vacuum?

The last question is based on the science of sound, but there is also the philosophy of sound which is spawned by the question, "When a tree falls in a forest with no ear to hear, is there a sound?" Philosophically then to some, the ear would have to come before the sound.

Pardon the digression, it is only an example of my consternation. As important as sound is to the "Thus saith the Lord" of scripture, the question remains, "Why does the Genesis account omit sound?"

No comments:

Post a Comment