Saturday, October 3, 2009

The Saturday Edition

,
It is good to be back in the groove again. Saturday has been such a restful day. Had a nice long nap this afternoon, and watched "Amazing Grace" on DVD. I hope it was a good day for everyone else as well.

The Friday Quiz ANSWERS

1. Bird = Prairie chicken
    One species of prarie chicken is on the endangered species list.
2. Duck = Mallard
    Common in many states, especially in the West.
3. First animal = Armadillo
    Most often seen around here as road kill.
4. Second animal = Common ferret
    Gaining popularity as a house pet.


Quotable and the Not So Quotable Quotes


"Your worst days are never so bad that you're beyond the reach of God's grace. And your best days are never so good that you're beyond the need of God's grace." ~Jerry Bridges


The Poet's Corner

from my own childhood...

        "Daddy Why..."


"Please tell me why
That I cannot fly
Like a bird, oh so high,
In a cloudless blue sky?"

"I'll tell you why
When you're bigger," said I.

"Oh please, tell me now,
For I feel like the cow
That jumped over the moon."

"I'll tell you quite soon,
Maybe this afternoon
When I finish this tune,
You silly loon."

"Soon it will be June
And if I'm a loon
Then I'll fly to the moon
With your favorite tune
And leave it there!"

Remember to be in the church of your choice tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment