Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tuesday's Child


At one time and in some paces Tuesday's Child meant children available for adoption or in need of foster care. I use it here as merely the product of the work that goes into the blog on Tuesday. It is then the thoughts given birth today.


Quotable and the Not So Quotable Quotes


Take flight if you must! All that you truly need will go with you.



A Thought to Share


There have been many times all through recorded history in which folks have been forced to flee. Sudden urgent relocation has not been common in recent history in the western world, however population shifts have. Current relocation is mainly job related.

I am writing about other reasons for moving, however. Religious persecution began again in many countries in the last century for many reasons. Some initiated the type of flight of which I write. The world under Hitler, the Bolshevik Revolution, the displaced Palestinians, Hungary and Poland to name only two of many overrun countries, genocide against people groups in many parts of the world, and the persecution of Christians worldwide.

I downloaded and filled out my passport application today. I feel it is an important thing to have in these times as situations around the world worsen in some areas and improve in others. I truly do not believe that this is going to be needed in the near future, but I choose to be prepared ahead of time. We should never become so complacent that we would say, "It cannot happen here." May it never be like any of the examples from the last century, but remember, we are not exempt.

This will have to be short tonight. My body can't take another late night like last night. Good night to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment