Monday, October 5, 2009

Monday Madness


I call it Monday Madness because of the hurry, hurry, hurry generated by the Precepts Bible Study I attend. Prep time occupies all my spare time through the day, then the class in the evening, and finally home to write and post. This crazy schedule lasts for two more weeks!


Quotable and the Not So Quotable Quotes


Are there not twenty-four hours in a day? How is it then that I can only make it through twenty before I drop?

To know God is to know God's will.



A Thought to Share


A friend wrote on knowing God's will, "...However sometimes this can take much longer than we want it to, so you must be patient and wait on the Lord. There are many examples of people from the Bible who waited many years before they knew what God wanted them to do; the same applies to us. We must remember that God's timing is different to ours and our responsibility is to be faithful and trust in Him."

That is reminiscent of how the Lord worked in my life. When I turned 35 I can remember thinking, what is God waiting for? When I turned 40 I thought, surely this must be the time of new beginning, Moses was 40 when God called him.

But that was a time when I was filled with pride and the Lord could not use me until I allowed Him to change me. Slowly He chipped away at me and slowly I began to allow Him control over areas of my life that I had always hung onto.

What a difference! I had been trying to do it all backwards, to find God's will without bothering to get to know Him first.

My friend also said, "To know God's will is to know God." I agree, but I think I would state it the other way, To know God is to know God's will. I didn't get to know Him until I began translating the Scriptures into words I can understand from Greek manuscripts. That was what I found was my gift and God's will for me. (It is always His will for us to get to know Him better!!!)




Humor


A MAN was flying from Seattle to San Francisco. Unexpectedly, the plane was diverted to Sacramento along the way. The flight attendant explained that there would be a delay, and if the passengers wanted to get off the aircraft the plane would re-board in 50 minutes.

Everybody got off the plane except one lady who was blind. The man had noticed her as he walked by and could tell the lady was blind because her seeing eye dog lay quietly underneath the seats in front of her throughout the entire flight.

He could also tell she had flown this very flight before because the pilot approached her, and calling her by name, said, "Kathy, we are in Sacramento for almost an hour. Would you like to get off and stretch your legs?" The blind lady replied, "No thanks, but maybe Buddy would like to stretch his legs."

Picture this: All the people in the gate area came to a complete standstill when they looked up and saw the pilot walk off the plane wearing sunglasses, led by a seeing eye dog! People scattered. They not only tried to change planes, but they were trying to change airlines!

True story... Have a great day and remember,

THINGS AREN'T ALWAYS AS THEY APPEAR.

No comments:

Post a Comment