Thursday, July 9, 2009




From Ken Davis on "Lighten Up" 9/4/2008


     (Ken Davis says he is a light sleeper.) "My alarm clock makes a noise 5 minutes before it is set to go off. There is a very soft but audible click. It is like a little alarm to wake up the alarm clock so it can sound the alarm on time. When it goes "click" my eyes fly open and I look at the time. I get so angry because it has robbed me of five minutes sleep. If I try to get more sleep the alarm will go off just when I am dozing off and jolt me awake. I will sit bolt upright, scared out of my wits.
     "My nephew sleeps two floors below me. His alarm has to be loud to blast him out of bed so he can get to work on time. Some mornings I wake up wondering what the terrible racket is all about. Dogs are howling two miles down the road. I go down to his room and there he is sound asleep through all of it! The next door neighbor wakes up, but he sleeps.
     "I sometimes think of God's Spirit as an alarm clock that goes off when we do wrong. I pray I will hear the click before the alarm goes off."

___________________


NONSENSE

That Girl


          There was a young woman from Kent
Whose nose was unusually bent.
It grew ’til one day
It made people say,
"She followed wherever it went."



___________________


TOTAL NONSENSE

Elle


                Don’t eat with your fingers,
          Don’t eat with your toes.
  You are an elephant,
Eat with your nose!

No comments:

Post a Comment